Thursday, September 3, 2009

Music & Me

So today is my first day on here. Im sure most of you know i have 2 myspaces and one is a music one. I also have every other site imaginable to network on. What most people don't seem to realize is that I'am 1 person with several different roles in life, one happening to be a performer/artist. It is hard enough going through my day to day routine without throwing my other side in the mix because Music IS ME. I'am a music artist when I'am in school or when im in starbux grabbing a coffee but I also am HUMAN with a personal life that I tend to keep seperate. Just because you remember me from high school but never said hi to me doesn't mean I owe you anything.

I had a recent experience where I saw 2 people who I was cordial with in high school who did have my number back then. I was in a rush and they kept calling me over so I went over ( keep in mind these people havent talked 2 me in yrs, nor have support me in my music). They kept badgering me, saying I need to give them my new # so we can talk like the past. I told them I really didn't see the pt in the nicest way I could say it. Then the 2 mens tones switched and stated "your all hollywood now or something"? Let's just saw i was annoyed, said my peace & left. First off, If i choose not to socialize with you like i did yrs and yrs ago it is because 1 you did something wrong to me, 2 you havent been in my life for yrs and only want to holler or 3 you only come around when YOU feel like it. I'm not a fake woman, nor will i cater to everyone who calls me out of my name. I'am on another level and refuse to let anyone bring me down. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes see and old friend and we reconnect but get this right please. These were people with GOOD intentions/motives. They have always been real.

I choose to only keep those who will ADD TO ME LIFE in my life. So The nasty online msgs, the labels you give me, the hate mail I get because I didnt respond to you RIGHT THAT SECOND are not appealing. I LOVE alllll of the support and msgs and comments and emails and response I get and I do my best to respond 2 everyone but please know I'am one person with many roles and responsibilities. Time is limited and my life is crazy! Music Defines Me & Will Forever Be Me. I hope you all continue to be here for me and understand my position :) kisses


No comments:

Post a Comment